About Me

My photo
I am in metamorphosis, my world has been altered and I exist in my past and present and look forward to my future. Sometimes I get lost in the chaos that is life but still I am managing to learn to live again. This is a look into the inner workings of my mind!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Update :) 12-13-05

The day after Thanksgiving Titus decided he was no longer going to crawl! So he has been up and walking since then. He has gotten quiet a few bumps and scraps - for example his latest booboo - he fell and hit the top of a wooden toy box and nicked his lip. That would be the little red thing on his lip that you see in the pictures. Poor little guy!

I caught something after Thanksgiving and spent the rest of the weekend up til that Tuesday as a zombie in a lot of pain. Thank GOD my sister was here to help with Titus! I am back to normal but unfortunately Titus just caught a cold, we just got back from the doc. today with meds for him... so - hopefully we will both be good soon :) and at the same time.

I think I have found a Nanny job (wooohooo)! It would be perfect for me and I really like the kids, the family, and it is at there house... which is very nice and has a nice play area for the kids. So pray for me please that I get it. I babysat for them on last Thursday and I thought it went well, hopefully, I will be babysitting for them this week too. The downer is that it won't kick in for a few months... the details - a friend of mine is currently their nanny, she referred me because she is pregnant with her 2nd child and has decided to stay home... so I am not sure when she is going to start staying at home (and neither is she). Of course I did not mention that yes I can bring Titus with me! So I am looking for something to tide me over till then. I am thinking about working weekends or late nights in the area... we will see.

Surprisingly I get really nervous when people ask me a whole bunch of questions about child care - I know that might sound crazy! I mean all of you guys know how much I love and adore kids. But I do, I know as a parent I like things a certain way and I would like certain things done that same way by others. As a babysitter without kids it was cool - I would do whatever they wanted me to do no problem. But now I feel somewhat judged about what I do with my own child... that is a reflection to the parent on how I will deal with their child etc. I suppose it is. It is so different because I actually have an opinion on how things should be done - where as before I did what I was told without questions. I also have to consider the impact it will have on Titus.

My only issue (at the moment) that I worry about for the future is the impact of TV on Titus and his health. And why do I freak out about this issue? First off the percentages of children that watch increased amount of television correspondence with a rise in the potential of them have ADD and other hyper, hard to concentrate issues - of course these findings are still preliminary but I believe the findings that say TV helps create short attention spans; not to mention the really good advertising for unneeded toys and stuff. Lastly, I do not want him to be a couch potatoe like me. I want him to be active and have a good imagination, but mostly I want him to be active. So I don't want him to have the TV going all the time as background noise, but music is ok. This is a personal preference but I have noticed that I always have the TV on if other people are in the house. So he is used to playing with it as background noise anyway. When I am home alone though I try not to have the TV on though. This is what I am talking about though - this is an issue that I have to deal with for my own kids and what other kids find normal. So in watching other kids I have to adjust to what they normally do and not freak out too much about then impact it could possibly have on Titus in the future.

I am really laid back (except on TV issue - and still I do whatever they are used too) and I have interviewed a few people and they wanted details on "what would you do with a child during the day" for example. And I was like I don't know - depends on what they would like to do, the weather, etc. Of course, that is not what I said I told them a few scenarios of what a potential day would be like. I do have goals for the day. For example I pick a theme for Titus during the day (when I remember) and we go with it. I try to incorporate it into our day and would adjust for children of different age levels. I only do that so I don't say the same boring things everyday... so he can have variety. But I mean he is a kid for crying out loud - kids are sponges the just need something to absorb so as long as I don't ignore them all day long - what does it matter what we do - but that we all have a good time doing it. Anyway. Now none of you will ask me to watch your kids again, lol

Gotta go to bed. Getting late and I realized I haven't done an update for awhile.

OH, if anyone knows of a good job... Rob is searching. He is presently unhappy with his currently situation. Anyway. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment