About Me

My photo
I am in metamorphosis, my world has been altered and I exist in my past and present and look forward to my future. Sometimes I get lost in the chaos that is life but still I am managing to learn to live again. This is a look into the inner workings of my mind!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Confronting the Ugly and Leaving it in your Dust

“What gives you the right to moan and complain about your plight in life?  Don't you know I have suffered atrocities with which you could not dream but still I have a positive disposition on life?”  I said this to someone the other day – sometimes I am genuinely baffled how people chose to blame everything on moments or things in their lives!  Don’t they know that they are given the power to make a difference to do with their lives what they wish?  Everyone holds the key to unlocking the beauty within but first they have to deal with all of their coping mechanisms and acknowledge all the ways they are broken.  Accept those things about themselves so they can move on in life.  Stop living with "I am this way because..." and refuse to accept it about themselves, go out and find and implement the solutions to make it better.

If you wish to get anywhere you have to first stop being a victim and take control of the things within your realm of domination.  When all hope is gone then what do you have but moments of time in which you live in your sorrows over and over again!?  When will people find the courage to move on in their lives?  When will they find the power to let go of all the things they cling to that are bad for them (for the sake of sheltering themselves from further harm)?  Vulnerability is what makes us human!  

So go out and be honest with yourself, be honest with others, then find solutions.  Don't live in the illusion that your suffering is somehow purposeful and will make it better.  Your suffering is not always righteous (usually builds resentment) and sometimes can blacken and tarnish your soul as much as committing immoral acts.  If you want to do more than live in sorrow confront yourself, your fears, be brave and courageous.  Then work really really hard on finding a solution that works for not just you but for all those who love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment